I am a licensed Environmental Planner with experience in the conduct of local urban development projects in the Philippines.
Licensed Environmental Planner
As part of a team of eight consultants, I assisted the Municipality of Tiwi in completing their Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Development Investment Plan within four months.
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 18 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions in updating the local Ecological Profile.
The Municipality of Bacacay currently uses the Ecological Profile in their own development planning processes.
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 15 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions. The outputs were submitted to the University Chancellor.
Writing support for local government plans
As a freelance environmental planner, I helped fellow environmental planners complete deliverables.
- Metro Cagayan de Oro Infrastructure Plan
- Strategic Framework of Leyte Economic Industrial Zone
- Ancestral Domain Chapter for the CLUP of Porac
Professional experience in development projects for climate change, transportation, and local governance
I have also been involved in different development and environmental companies where I handled projects including:
- Synthesis Report on the Physical Risks of First Philippine Holdings Assets (OML Center)
- Roadmap for Air Quality Communication of Baguio City (Clean Air Asia)
- USAID SURGE Project (ICMA)
- Manila Bay-Pasig/Marikina River/Laguna (MAPALLA) Ferry System Project (OIDCI)
- C-5 Transport Development Project (OIDCI)
International Paper on Solid Waste Management
With two co-authors, I led the publication of an international journal paper on solid waste management.
Interested in solid waste management planning?
Assistant Professor of Geography at University of the Philippines Diliman (2017-2019)
I was awarded a 2018 Public Service Writing Fellowship.
I also handled courses on movement, land use, and general geographical education.
Access my Academia profile for unpublished graduate papers.
- How are decisions on land use made?Although physical, economic, and social factors influence land use decisions, the characteristics and motives of stakeholders essentially dictate land use decisions.
- How your social relationships affect how you throw your trashIndividuals most frequently compare their practices to those of their social relationships.
- Universities and Colleges in the Philippines that Offer Courses on Environmental PlanningEnroll in these programs to qualify for the Environmental Planning Board Exam.