I am a licensed Environmental Planner with experience in the conduct of local urban development projects in the Philippines.
Licensed Environmental Planner
As part of a team of eight consultants, I assisted the Municipality of Tiwi in completing their Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Development Investment Plan within four months.
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 18 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions in updating the local Ecological Profile.
The Municipality of Bacacay currently uses the Ecological Profile in their own development planning processes.
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 15 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions. The outputs were submitted to the University Chancellor.
Writing support for local government plans
As a freelance environmental planner, I helped fellow environmental planners complete deliverables.
- Metro Cagayan de Oro Infrastructure Plan
- Strategic Framework of Leyte Economic Industrial Zone
- Ancestral Domain Chapter for the CLUP of Porac
Professional experience in development projects for climate change, transportation, and local governance
I have also been involved in different development and environmental companies where I handled projects including:
- Synthesis Report on the Physical Risks of First Philippine Holdings Assets (OML Center)
- Roadmap for Air Quality Communication of Baguio City (Clean Air Asia)
- USAID SURGE Project (ICMA)
- Manila Bay-Pasig/Marikina River/Laguna (MAPALLA) Ferry System Project (OIDCI)
- C-5 Transport Development Project (OIDCI)
International Paper on Solid Waste Management
With two co-authors, I led the publication of an international journal paper on solid waste management.
Interested in solid waste management planning?
Assistant Professor of Geography at University of the Philippines Diliman (2017-2019)
I was awarded a 2018 Public Service Writing Fellowship.
I also handled courses on movement, land use, and general geographical education.
Access my Academia profile for unpublished graduate papers.
- What you need to know about Comprehensive Development PlansDo you know what comprehensive development plans are? Read more about what you need to know about comprehensive development plans. What is a comprehensive development plan? The Comprehensive Development Plan is a medium-term sectoral plan of the local government. Covering six years, the CDP outlines “how” the local government will develop the land allocated for […]
- Politics in Comprehensive Land Use PlanningPolitics is more than personalities.
- Ideology in Comprehensive Land Use PlanningIdeology covers the perspectives and culture incorporated into the process of comprehensive land use plans.
Help me create great content!