I am a licensed Environmental Planner with experience in the conduct of local urban development projects in the Philippines.
Licensed Environmental Planner
As part of a team of eight consultants, I assisted the Municipality of Tiwi in completing their Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Development Investment Plan within four months.
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 18 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions in updating the local Ecological Profile.
The Municipality of Bacacay currently uses the Ecological Profile in their own development planning processes.
A Solid Waste Management Study of the University of the Philippines Diliman
As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 15 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions. The outputs were submitted to the University Chancellor.
Writing support for local government plans
As a freelance environmental planner, I helped fellow environmental planners complete deliverables.
- Metro Cagayan de Oro Infrastructure Plan
- Strategic Framework of Leyte Economic Industrial Zone
- Ancestral Domain Chapter for the CLUP of Porac
Professional experience in development projects for climate change, transportation, and local governance
I have also been involved in different development and environmental companies where I handled projects including:
- Synthesis Report on the Physical Risks of First Philippine Holdings Assets (OML Center)
- Roadmap for Air Quality Communication of Baguio City (Clean Air Asia)
- USAID SURGE Project (ICMA)
- Manila Bay-Pasig/Marikina River/Laguna (MAPALLA) Ferry System Project (OIDCI)
- C-5 Transport Development Project (OIDCI)
International Paper on Solid Waste Management
With two co-authors, I led the publication of an international journal paper on solid waste management.
Interested in solid waste management planning?
Assistant Professor of Geography at University of the Philippines Diliman (2017-2019)
I was awarded a 2018 Public Service Writing Fellowship.
I also handled courses on movement, land use, and general geographical education.
Access my Academia profile for unpublished graduate papers.
- 11 Statistics about Solid Waste Management in the Philippines Every Filipino should Know (Now with Video Summary!)These 11 statistics about solid waste management in the Philippines illustrate the importance of rethinking our perspective about waste as an unsolvable problem.
- Install these 11 Apps and Make your Self-Review Successful!Need help to make your self-review successful? There are apps for that! Use your phone as an asset instead of a distraction by installing these helpful apps. Most of these are FREE! Who does not want that? Pocket FREE bookmarking app!Downloads online articles into “easy-to-read” offline articles.Pocket helps the self-reviewer manage online sources in one […]
- What You Need to Know about the Philippines Environmental Planning (EnP) Board Exam (August 2020 Update!)Get answers to the most searched questions about the Environmental Planning Board Exam.
- 10 Reasons I Want to Return to Bacacay, AlbayWhen it’s safer to travel long distances, one of my destinations is Bacacay, Albay.
- Review for Exams with Less Stress by Following these 6 Easy StepsHere are 6 tips for lessening the stress that reviewing for exams give you.