As one of two field supervisors, I guided a team of 18 undergraduate students on technical and administrative decisions in updating the local Ecological Profile.
The Municipality of Bacacay currently uses the Ecological Profile in their own development planning processes.
Municipal Government of Bacacay
Co-Field Supervisor of 18 undergraduate students (as Assistant Professor of UP Diliman)
I may receive benefits, including commission, for purchases made through these links.
- Bacacay consists of 56 barangays, distributed in 2 major islands and a small island. Some islands were accessible only through their coasts and by boat. We only had 20 days of fieldwork.
- Power interruptions were frequent. Our exit presentation almost got cancelled because of power loss.
What was unique about the experience?
- I learned that people would exceed your expectations when you let them lead. Our Student Team Leader was excellent in ensuring the timeliness and quality of our outputs.
Receive articles on urban planning and solid waste management!
- 10 Reasons I Want to Return to Bacacay, Albay
- 3 Ways How Safe Land Transportation Promotes Sustainable Cities
- What if the Philippines responds to climate change like how we responded to COVID-19?