As Environmental Sector Planner, I assisted the Municipality of Tiwi in completing their Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Local Development Investment Plan within four months.
Municipal Government of Tiwi
Environmental Sector Planner
- We needed to complete the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP), Local Development Investment Plan (LDIP), and Zoning Ordinance (ZO) all at the same time.
- We were also working full-time as faculty members of the University of the Philippines Diliman.
What was unique about the experience?
- The Comprehensive Land Use Plan of the Municipality of Tiwi is my first consulting project as a team member of planning consultants.
- We were able to complete the planning process in four months through strategic leadership of our Land Use Planner, Dr. Meliton B. Juanico.
- The Ecological Profile of the Municipality of Tiwi was completed by Geography students from the University of the Philippines Diliman.
- How can Philippine local governments become resilient against disasters?
- 3 Ways How Safe Land Transportation Promotes Sustainable Cities
- What if the Philippines responds to climate change like how we responded to COVID-19?