Turn goal statements into physical plans.
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan process in the Philippines is composed of 12 steps.
Step 6 is to ESTABLISH DEVELOPMENT THRUST AND SPATIAL STRATEGIES.
Why is the step important?
Every plan should be aligned with realities on the ground.
Through creating spatial strategies from a chosen development thrust, the LGU is able to visualize where land use and development objectives can be prioritized.
What is the step about?
Through stakeholder workshops,
- choose a development thrust to pursue, towards achieving the LGU vision and
- choose a strategy for spatial arrangement of land uses
The expected outputs include:
- Preferred Development Thrust
- Spatial Strategy
- Structure Plan
Read: Formulating Comprehensive Land Use Plans
How does it look like in my Tiwi experience?
- We proposed three options for development thrust.
- We improved upon the envisioned spatial strategy of the Mayor.
Read: How we updated the Ecological Profile of Bacacay
Top suggestions for LGU planners for this CLUP step
- Involve as many stakeholders as possible.
- Let the data decide, but consider factors beyond numbers.
Need my help in updating local plans?
Listen on Spotify!
Resource Hub: Formulating Comprehensive Land Use Plans