A common vision drives sustainable development in the local government unit.
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan process in the Philippines is composed of 12 steps.
Step 3 is to SET THE VISION.
Why is the step important?
Setting a vision is defining a future that the local government unit wants.
Vision is a catalyst for the transformation of LGUs (Teng-Calleja et al., 2017).
What is the step about?
Reviewing and revising the LGU vision towards institutionalizing it through a local resolution.
The expected outputs include:
- Vision-reality gap analysis to help in the following CLUP steps
- Official vision statement adopted by the Local Sanggunian
Read: Formulating Comprehensive Land Use Plans
How does it look like in my Tiwi experience?
- Step 3 and Step 4 were interchanged and iteratively performed.
- Vision statement process: Mayor <-> Consulting Team <-> Stakeholders -> Local Development Council -> Local Sanggunian
List of Requirements for the Environmental Planning Licensure Exam
Top suggestions for LGU planners for this CLUP step
- Make all data and information available and accessible to all.
- Balance participation and timing, being a process-oriented step.
- Use the Local Government Code as basis, especially the General Welfare Clause.
My experience in local government planning…
Listen on Spotify!
Resource Hub: Formulating Comprehensive Land Use Plans