How do local governments in the Philippines plan solid waste management?
We use the case of available local plans of Quezon City to see how Philippine LGUs plan solid waste management.
What tools and instruments are available to LGUs in planning waste management? What do these plans look like?
Local governments in the Philippines have 3 major plans in which solid waste management is integrated.
- The 10-year Solid Waste Management Plan
- The Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- The Comprehensive Development Plan
My experience in local government planning…
- 3 major plans where solid waste management is integrated – 1:48
- The QC Integrated SWM Plan (2016) 2:35
- Solid waste management in the Quezon City Comprehensive Land Use Plan (2011-2025) – 4:40
- Solid waste management in the Quezon City Comprehensive Development Plan (2017-2020) – 06:14
- Conclusion – 10:47
- Philippine solid waste law and local governments- 00:22
- 3 major plans where solid waste management is integrated – 01:48
- QC CLUP: Payatas Special Development Area – 05:42
- 3 OUT OF 5 Strategies in Environment Management are about Solid Waste Management – 7:07
- Present realities in our barangay in QC – 08:53
- The QC Waste-to-energy facility – 09:20
Read: Formulating Comprehensive Land Use Plans in the Philippines
Links to Quezon City Plans
- COMPREHENSIVE DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2017-2020
- COMPREHENSIVE LAND USE PLAN 2011-2025
- INTEGRATED SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN OF QUEZON CITY 2016
Listen on Spotify!
How does your local government plan solid waste management?
Interested in solid waste management planning?
More articles on Comprehensive Land Use Plans in the Philippines