Draft a zoning ordinance to implement the land use plan.
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan process in the Philippines is composed of 12 steps.
Step 8 is to DRAFT THE ZONING ORDINANCE.
Why is the step important?
The zoning ordinance is a legal instrument for implementing the land use plan. It provides the boundaries, regulations, allowed uses, and controls in each division of a community.
What is the step about?
Translating the land use plan into a zoning ordinance, a legal instrument to implement it.
The zoning ordinance details the following:
- Objectives of each zone in the local government territory
- Allowable uses
- Building density and regulations
- Building structure and design regulations
How does it look like in my Tiwi experience?
- The Zoning Ordinance was mainly formulated by our Land Use Planner.
- Our zoning map highlights Hazard Overlay Zones for climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
Priorities for zoning for local government units
- Affordable housing and human settlement in urban centers
- Transit-oriented development
- Resilience to climate and disaster risks
- Social safeguards to indigenous, marginalized, and poor populations