Inspired by the exercise I conducted on the waste generation status of Philippine cities, I present a series of information summaries about the waste management of significant cities.
I compiled waste management information of the City of Dasmariñas using a formulated data gathering template for online-only search.
Cities of the Philippines and Waste Management Series:
- Waste Generation of Philippine Cities
- Waste Management Information on Antipolo City, Rizal
- Waste Management Information on Dasmarinas City, Cavite
- Waste Management Information on San Pablo City, Laguna
- Waste Management Information on Cavite City, Cavite
- FREE! Tool for Gathering Waste Management Data
- The City has no official website; a website is important for transparency and data gathering. Contact persons and basic city profiles are beneficial to the public, particularly for researchers.
- Being a premier university towards ecological studies, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas must enjoin the local government and other institutions in its programs, including waste management.
- Information on NSWMC dashboard and Province of Cavite Profile are not synchronized. It is important that communication is open for updating information, especially for facilities mandated by the law, e.g., closure of open dumpsites.
Do you have additional information I missed? Leave a comment!